Did you wake up one morning and say to yourself, "I think I'd like to be a caregiver cause that sounds like fun!"
Yeah, I didn't think so. Most of us became caregivers because our loved ones needed help. Not necessarily because we WANTED to, it typically was because they needed us to. If you have a different reason or situation, let me know.
Regardless of how or why, here we are, caring for another human. We're all doing the best we can in a position few feel qualified to do.
Many of us did or are still doing a pretty good job of raising our kids, but caregiving for your spouse or parent is an entirely different thing! Can I get an "Amen!"?
Could I suggest a creative outlet that's inexpensive, entertaining, and relaxing? I didn't hear a "no." 🙂
Have you tried Adult Coloring Books? They are great for you to relax and unwind and they are a wonderful busy activity for someone you may need to keep entertained. Think about the waiting rooms or long lines you sit in with your loved one.
Would that time be more enjoyable if you both colored to occupy the time?
Why should I color?
Great question! I’m glad you asked that!
Here are my Top Ten Reasons You Should be Coloring
- Coloring focuses the mind on creativity instead of problems
- It allows you to be creative and expressive
- Calms the fight or flight response as you engage in a safe activity
- Coloring increases the brain’s ability to focus
- Awakens your inner child & may bring back fond memories
- It makes you a better thinker as you create pleasing intricate designs
- Coloring induces a meditative state thus bringing relaxation
- Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness
- Negative thoughts are expelled as you dwell on positivity
- It’s a highly portable hobby. Great for waiting rooms or chemo treatments.
And a Bonus reason...... Because IT'S FUN!!!
I want to give you a FREE Printable coloring page from both of my books.
You can print them out and begin coloring today!
The interesting thing is if you print two copies and color it using different pallets, you can create two completely different, yet still beautiful, pieces of art!
I'm giving these to you for your private use. They are not for resale.
I hope they bring you joy! If you have any problems printing, please let me know and I'll send them another way. (Sorry! I am NOT a tech guru!)
Until next time, be blessed my friends!
Certified Caregiving Consultant & Advocate